Just click on the Special Broome Meeting of Electors for James Price Point title heading to go direct to Broome Shire Website.
The Agenda and Question/Answer information for this Special Electors meeting can be accessed at http://www.broome.wa.gov.au/ and copies are also available at the front counter of the Shire Offices. Please note that this will not be a question / answer meeting however Redhand encourages all of you to write your questions and forward to all your elected shire representatives.
Only Motions from the floor regarding the original nine points of concerns will be permissible. Therefore, now is the time to formulate your Motions carefully.
Shire Councilors do not have to attend this Special Electors Meeting, as a quorum is not necessary therefore, Redhand suggests you ring or write to your councillors and ask them "do they intend to attend this Special Electors Meeting?" . If they state that they will be attending, than you could seek their support for your motions. If however, they are planning not to attend, then question why, given the level of community concern for the proposed largest LNG precinct in the world to be built in our shire. Shire Councillors email details have been outlined in a earlier post.
Special Meeting of Electors
In accordance with Sections 5.28 & 5.29 of the Local Government Act 1995, public notice is hereby given of a Special Meeting of the Shire of Broome Electors to be held in Council Chambers at the Shire Administration Offices, cnr Weld and Haas Streets, Broome, on
Monday 1 November 2010, at 5:00pm.
Under the Act, the purpose of the meeting is limited to addressing the following
matters which were presented by way of petition to the Shire of Broome at the
Ordinary Council Meeting on 30 September 2010:
1. The people have not been directly or formally consulted by Council about the proposed gas processing precinct at James Price Point.
2. The people of Broome have been provided with no information by the Shire of Broome about the proposed roads, infrastructure, zoning of land and environmental impacts of the proposed gas processing precinct at James Price Point.
3. The social effects and impacts of the proposed industrial precinct are yet to be determined.
4. The State Government’s Social Impact Assessment has not been released for public debate.
5. The Dampier Land Use Plan has not been completed.
6. The Shire has not undertaken its own Social Impact Assessment of the proposal.
7. There has been no community input into the draft Local Planning Strategy and therefore is not a community vision.
8. The WA Planning Commission recommends 4 steps for community consultation prior to formal submission of the strategy to the WA Planning Commission for certification.
9. The Shire should facilitate community input into the Local Planning Strategy prior to formal submission of the strategy to the WA Planning Commission for certification.
Please note the following:
• Although moving and seconding motions and voting at Special Electors’ Meetings is by Electors registered on the Shire of Broome Electoral Roll, all members of the public are welcome to attend this meeting. Enrolment details can be checked at the Shire of Broome from 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
• It is recommended attendees arrive from 4.30pm for Electoral Roll verification.
• No electronic, visual, vocal or recording devices are permitted within Shire of Broome buildings.
• No banners or signs will be allowed within Shire of Broome buildings.