The History of Land Use in the area of James Price Point, from its recommendation as a National Park fifty years ago, to the current listed land use as a Reserve for Conservation and Aboriginal Heritage, as endorsed by the Broome Shire and WA State Cabinet.
• 1962 Australian Academy of Science and National Parks Board of WA proposal for a National Park on Dampier Peninsula
• 1971-1980 EPA review of conservation areas on the Dampier Peninsula
• 1991 Dept of Conservation & Land Managementrecommendation for National Park on Dampier Peninsula
• 1993 EPA endorsement of National Park on Dampier Peninsula
• 2000 Waterbank Structure Plan: Broome Shire, Dept of Land Administration & WA State Cabinet endorsement of Regional Strategic Plan including Reserve for Conservationand Aboriginal Heritage on Dampier Peninsula\
• 2000 Broome Planning Steering Committee recommends implementation of coastal reserves on Lurujarri Trail
JPP Protected Area Draft May -4